Sunday, July 27, 2014

Final details...

I have groomed about 20 pets here so far. I am currently "tweaking" the lay out, where I keep my tools, and how to have things set up for maximum efficiency. It is a very much a fun work work in progress. Overall I am most delighted with how the space has turned out. After months of dreaming and planning, it has exceeded my dreams. It even smells wonderful! I need to replace this small table, which holds a Keurig coffee maker and a dish with home baked goodies, with a larger one, but you get the general idea. Here are some things I love about my studio: My vintage trash can. My very funky, chippy paint storage cabinet. It holds most of my tools, hides the shop vacuum and the high velocity dryer is attached to its right side. So handy! My view on every side is lovely, a gift I must not overlook. I have wonderful, deep window sills to hold little vignettes of loveliness. I pick the flowers from my gardens and the meadow. I love the ways the blues in the lamp and painting and little antique dogs tie in. My original plan was to have the grooming table situated so that I worked facing the window. I found that I needed to have my tools closer at hand and easier to reach. By turning my table so that I face the chairs, I have a window sill to keep my small hand tools on (in neat little boxes.) This makes them far more accessible. It also gave me a place to put the wooden caddy that hold my clipper blades, and I can open the storage cabinet easily to reach anything else I might need. I think this will be a very workable arrangement, and I like the way it looks, as well. There are so many pretty things in my grooming studio. It is a place I love to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment